Industrial Minerals – for Health & Hygiene
Industrial minerals are natural minerals – a gift from time.
Mining these minerals responsibly and sustainably is essential to harnessing the benefits these minerals offer, minerals which are a vital part of our everyday personal health and hygiene program.
Speciality minerals such as:
- Bentonite – softening towels for the final caring touch.
- Borates – producing cleaning properties in soap.
- Calcium Carbonate – brightening teeth.
- Diatomite – filtering drinking water to remove microbial and arsenic.
- Feldspar – whitening ceramic tiles.
- Kaolin – smoothing surfaces of sinks and baths.
- Lime – purifying drinking water.
- Plastic Clays – forming sanitaryware.
- Silica – providing glass for bathroom mirrors.
- Talc – improving silkiness and sheen in cosmetics.
So when you’re looking good and feeling great, you will appreciate why we at the Industrial Minerals Association (IMA-Europe) are actively promoting these essential minerals which enhance our quality of life.