Industrial Minerals – at the Hub of Communications
Industrial Minerals offer today’s manufacturers a wealth of innovative and sustainable solutions to meet the world’s ever-increasing demand for knowledge and communications.
Speciality minerals such as:
- Bentonite – controlling ink absorption on printed paper.
- Borates – producing thing glass layers for LCDs.
- Calcium Carbonate – increasing brightness and opacity for glossy magazines.
- Diatomite – manufacturing of speciality papers.
- Feldspar – improving optical lenses.
- Kaolin – reinforcing cell phone handsets.
- Lime – contributing to paper treatment.
- Plastic Clays – forming electrical porcelain insulators.
- Silica – providing the quintessential microchip.
- Talc – insulating cables.
So each time you turn on your computer or check your cellphone, you will understand why we at the Industrial Minerals Association (IMA-Europe) are actively promoting these smart minerals, which help us keep in touch with the world.