Industrial Minerals – at Leisure
Industrial minerals are an extremely useful and often underrated gift of nature, contributing to our enjoyment of everyday life. Mining, refining and using these minerals in a responsible and sustainable way will guarantee the pleasure and leisure of future generations.
Speciality minerals such as:
- Bentonite – purifying oil for healthy foods.
- Borates – shielding painted surfaces from the weather.
- Calcium Carbonate – improving stability in plastic furniture.
- Diatomite – improving sports turf and gold greens.
- Feldspar – enhancing the appearance of ceramic glazes.
- Kaolin – extruding rubber for bicycle tyres.
- Lime – making roads (more) resistant and suitable for traffic.
- Plastic Clays – being used as sealers in recreational ponds and lakes.
- Silica – protecting lawns and sports fields.
- Talc – extending the elasticity in ballons.
So whenever you’re out there having fun, you will appreciate why we at the Industrial Minerals Association (IMA-Europe) are actively promoting these beneficial minerals, which help us get the best out of our free time.