Industrial Minerals – at Critical Moments
Industrial minerals, mined in a responsible and sustainable way, are immensely valuable natural resources. They are beneficial to mankind in many ways, not least in the world of medicine.
Speciality minerals such as:
- Bentonite – keeping stored medicines dry.
- Borates – allowing smart-targeting of cancer cells.
- Calcium Carbonate – an essential ingredient in pharmaceuticals.
- Diatomite – filtering and purifying pharmaceutical products.
- Feldspar – repairing bones via bioceramic implants.
- Kaolin – providing key components in pacemakers.
- Lime – a pelletising additive and acidity regulator.
- Plastic Clays – supplying formers to manufacturer surgical gloves.
- Silica – making optical glass for microscopes.
- Talc – strengthening pharmaceutical packaging.
So whenever you’re thinking about your healthcare, you will understand why we at the Industrial Minerals Association (IMA-Europe) are actively promoting these beneficial minerals which help to protect the health of our families – today and for generations to come.